November 14, 2011

Stuck on Repeat

Like any typical two-year-old, Evelyn gets stuck on repeat a lot.

I'm pretty sure this is what goes on in her mind:

What happens if I climb on the chair at the kitchen table and try to reach for the cereal boxes? Mom says, "Get down," then she walks over and pulls me down.

So... what happens if I climb on the chair at the kitchen table and try to reach for the cereal boxes again? Mom says, "Get down," then she walks over and pulls me down.

So... what happens if I climb on the chair...

The routine occurs until Evelyn gets bored of that particular experiment. Then it becomes...

What happens if I climb on the computer desk chair and push buttons on the computer keyboard? Mom says, "Get down," then she walks over and pulls me down.

So... what happens if I climb on the computer desk chair...

In a typical day we cycle through Evelyn climbing the kitchen chair, climbing the computer desk chair, pulling books off the bookshelves, banging on the bird's cage, and squishing crackers or cereal into the carpet. (Side note: I hate carpet, absolutely hate it. The next place I live is going to have hardwood floors.)

It's like I spend all day talking, but all I ever say is, "No. Get down. Leave that alone. Get out."

No comments: